Home » , » My Thoughts on Hardwood Floors

My Thoughts on Hardwood Floors

Written By Admin on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 | 6:47 PM


I love how hardwood floors add instant style and character to a home.  When we built our house five years ago, hardwood floors were an absolute must.  I don't regret that decision, but I do regret my colour choice.  I would never, ever choose a dark floor again.

Dark hardwood shows every speck of dust, every smudge, every footprint, and every little ding.  I want a floor that looks great all the time.  That's why I'm leaning toward a medium toned hardwood floor for our next home.   
       

Perhaps a hardwood with a subtle variation in colour, to better hide daily wear...


In a tone that offers the same warmth and elegance of a darker floor...


Or, maybe a hardwood with a slight, greyish cast...


Or, better yet, a wide plank floor in a rich walnut...


Perhaps a warm neutral that would complement my existing mahogany furniture...


But would still create depth and impact in a space with a soft, light colour palette.


For me, the beauty of a deep, dark hardwood floor is outweighed by the fuss and maintenance required to keep it looking pristine.  For my next home, a medium toned hardwood is definitely the way to go.


Do you prefer a light, medium or dark hardwood floor?  Which tones appeal to your own personal design style?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks to all of you who've patiently stuck around, even though I haven't been able to post for a while.  I'm anxious to catch up and see what's been going on in Blogland!

 
Share this article :

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. House Design and Architecture - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger